How to Book (Terms and Conditions)
Cole Rayment & White - Booking Terms and Conditions
To make a Provisional Booking against one of the properties, use the Property Search function.
Once you have found a property which suits your requirements, check the availability and prices.
Providing the week (s) you require are available, select the tick box for that period and click on "Request Booking"
Complete the simple form with your details and requirements and click on "Send"
We will contact you to confirm the availability and any extra charges applicable. Once we have accepted the provisional booking, we will request a deposit of 25% plus booking fee. Once this payment has been received, we will confirm your booking.
We strongly recommend that you have travel insurance cover. If you require to purchase travel insurance please contact P J Hayman & Company Limited on 0845 260 1634 quoting our reference “ COL0552 ” or visit www.ukplusinsurance.co.uk
Final payment has to be received six weeks prior to the holiday period.
If the provisional booking is made and accepted within the six week period prior to the commencement of the holiday, full payment will be required.
Please note our terms and conditions of booking below:-
Bookings are accepted by Cole, Rayment & White (CRW) on behalf of owners on the conditions shown below:-
1. The Tenant certifies that he or she is authorised to sign the Booking Form on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property during the period for which he has booked it and that they are all, apart from infants, aware of the Booking Conditions. The brochure description of each property clearly indicates the maximum number of guests who may occupy it and the surrounding grounds. Exceeding this number constitutes a breach of contract and CRW has the right to terminate the booking forthwith and all monies paid by the applicant will be forfeit.
2. At no time during the period of any bookings may parents or guardians leave children or teenagers at any property on their own. The signatory of a booking request does so on behalf of all persons who will occupy the property during the period stated. Any breach will result in immediate termination of the booking without refund.
3. CRW accept bookings only from family groups and cannot accept any application from a mixed group – unless by special arrangement with the owners and CRW.
4. Extras are charged by certain owners as indicated in the descriptions of the properties concerned. When booking these properties the Tenant accepts the owner’s right to charge these extras either directly or through CRW as specified in the details. Unless otherwise indicated, fuel consumed during your stay is not included in the rental price. Meters are read prior to and immediately after your stay.
5. CRW will charge a booking fee. At the time of writing, the fee will be £20.00 per booking.
6. CRW recommends the purchase of a travel insurance cover, should the cancellation of the holiday become necessary due to certain circumstances.
7. Provisional bookings can be accepted by telephone and must be confirmed within five days by the receipt of a booking form and the required deposit. Provisional reservations will be cancelled after five days without further reference. To secure a reservation the Tenant must complete the booking form and send a deposit of 25% of the total tariff for the period booked. The balance must be paid by the Tenant no later than 6 weeks before arrival. Reminders will not be sent out. If the balance is not received within the time specified CRW reserves the right to cancel the booking and retain the deposit as a cancellation fee. Bookings made within six weeks of the start of the holiday require payment in full at the time of booking. Value Added Tax is included in the Rental figures shown. It has been levied at the rate appropriate at the time of booking for payment on the due date. If changes occur in VAT levels, rentals will be amended accordingly and Applicants who have already made bookings which are affected by the change will be credited or debited with the appropriate amount.
8. After a contract has been concluded, any request from the Tenants for changes in the Contract will be subject to the agreement of the CRW. A request by the Tenant for transfer of a booking to another property will be treated as cancellation of the original reservation. If for reasons beyond their control, CRW have to cancel or alter arrangements made for the Tenant CRW will make every effort to offer an alternative property if one is available. If the Tenant does not accept the alternative offered, CRW will return to the Tenant any monies paid, where upon CRW's liability will cease.
9. Payment/Cancellation - Once a booking is confirmed, the Tenant is responsible for the total cost of the holiday. In the event of cancellation by the Tenant, where travel insurance cannot be called upon, CRW will endeavour to re-let the Property and if successful will refund any monies paid less a cancellation fee of £25.00 plus VAT and the bokking fee of £20.00.
10. Pets are allowed in certain properties and these are indicated in the brochure. They are accepted subject to their owner accepting liability for any damage they may do and on the condition that they will not be left unattended in the property, they are kept under strict control within the curtilage of the property and are not allowed to climb on furniture, and any mess is cleared from the garden on departure. Pet owners are expected to bring suitable bedding for their animals. Where a property states ‘No Pets’ this does not deem as ‘Pet Free’ as the owners may, themselves, have pets. Any Tenant who takes a pet into the property without permission or without notifying CRW in writing or on the Booking Form is in Breach of Contract and CRW has the right to terminate his booking forthwith and to retain all monies paid by the Applicant.
11. Most properties are available from 3pm on the "holiday start" day until 10am on the "holiday finish" day as shown on the letter that accompanies CRW's Acknowledgement Form. These times must be strictly adhered to except by special arrangement with the owner or his key holder. (There are a few exceptions, please check with a member of staff.) CRW’s offices are open until 5.00pm Monday to Friday, and until 2.00pm on Saturday. (Please note: The Rock office is open until 12pm on Saturdays.) Should your arrival be delayed beyond that time or fall on a Saturday, please contact CRW regarding collection of keys.
12. Complaints Handling Procedure (CHP) In spite of the care and precautions taken it is possible that the Tenant could have grounds for complaint about the property they have chosen. Any complaint must be taken up with CRW within 48 hours. Complaints made after the holiday has been completed will not be considered in terms of any rectification. Complaints initially made verbally should also be made in writing. CRW will try to resolve the complaint to a satisfactory conclusion. If the tenant is happy with the outcome of the investigation, the matter will conclude.
If further investigation is required, CRW will consider the complaint as quickly as possible. The complaint will be acknowledged within 7 days and after a full investigation, CRW will provide a response, or if that is not possible an update within 21 days. Further details regarding the CHP available on request.
13. Central heating is not installed except where clearly indicated.
14. CRW will not be responsible for any items of personal property left in any of the properties.
15. Whilst representations both verbal and visual contained in this brochure and in other advertising matter are made in good faith and carefully scrutinised and agreed with the Owners, neither they nor any oral representations made by any employee of CRW form part of the Contract. No warranty or representation is given as to the state of any property. The colours shown on illustrations may not be accurate. This may be due to technical print reason, changes of decor or furnishings or fabrics, or seasonal variations.
16. Nursery Hire – some owners provide cots and highchairs. Nursery equipment can be hired in advance from Babes and Bikes in Wadebridge. Telephone: 01208 815262. Web; www.babesandbikes.biz
17. Linen – Sheets, pillowcases, duvet covers and towels are not provided – unless otherwise specified within the property detail, and should be brought with you. Alternatively, linen can be hired locally.
18. Cleaning –Tenants are required to leave the property they have rented in a completely clean and tidy condition ready for the next occupier. Every property is inspected by the owners’ caretaker between bookings to ensure that this has been done. If a property is not left clean and tidy, any additional cleaning costs will be charged to the outgoing Tenant. Should the applicant prefer to have the property cleaned, please contact the office for further information regarding this service.
18a. Refuse collection - Tenants are required to observe the refuse collection day, and ensure without fail, that rubbish is secured in black / authority accepted bin bags and placed for collection. Tenants will be fined the sum of £25.00 for unbagged rubbish and £10.00 for bagged rubbish (per bag), that has not been correctly placed for collection.
19. Electrical and gas supplies, and other failures must be reported to CRW. Tenants must not attempt to effect repairs themselves, but advise CRW of any fault. CRW cannot be held responsible for the failure of gas/water and electricity utility companies.
20. CRW cannot be held to account for any disturbance caused by holiday fairs, fetes, events or festivals occurring during the letting season or building works in the vicinity or on neighboring properties.
21. The Tenant agrees to pay the cost of any damage they have caused to the property. This includes repairs, replacements, extra cleaning, stain removing etc.
22. The Tenant should always leave the property secure, locking all doors and windows.
23. The use of the amenities provided by the Owners such as swimming pools, swings, rowing boats, etc., is entirely at users risk and no responsibility can be accepted for any injuries to persons or loss or damage to any belongings of persons who use them.
24. CRW will not be liable for any accident, damage, direct or consequential loss, injury, expense or inconvenience whether to person or property which the Tenant or any other person may suffer arising out of, or in any way connected with the letting howsoever caused.
25. CRW reserves the right to refuse or terminate (without refund) any booking where CRW consider there has been a breach of these terms and conditions.