What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files stored in your web browser on your computer. They help you navigate websites efficiently, by remembering settings and choices you make during your visits to a website.
There are two types of cookies: 'Session Cookies' are used to store information about your visit to a website, so you can easily pick up where you left off when you leave a page and then return to it. They are temporary cookie files, which are erased when you close your browser. 'Persistent Cookies' help websites remember your information and settings when you visit them in the future. This results in faster and more convenient access. These remain on your hard drive until you erase them or they expire.
The cookies we use on this site allow us:
- To remember your login details when you login to make a balance payment
- To remember your login details when you login as an owner to manager your owner bookings and blocked dates
- To retain the position you scrolled to in a search results list to save you having to start from the top every time you return to this page
- To allow us to obtain statistics on how visitors use the site, as part of Google Analytics
What specific cookies are set?
To read more about the cookies used by Google Analytics, click here to visit the Google Analytics Cookie Usage site.
Others that we set are:
- PHPSESSID, to maintain the details of your current session
- search-currentcont, to remember what set of results you reached when scrolling
- search-scrolldistance, to remember exactly how far down the results list you scrolled